Products prioritised in FINOSE
The FINOSE collaboration is limited to medicinal products. In principle all kind of medicinal products can be submitted to FINOSE assessment, yet inpatient drugs will be prioritized.
Listed below are the type of products prioritized for joint assessment through FINOSE.
The following types of products are of main interest:
- Medicinal products used in inpatient care
- New medicinal products with new active substances
- Medicinal products with similar treatment practices in Finland, Norway, and Sweden
- Randomized clinical trials with relevant active comparators are preferred over other types of study designs
- Medicinal products that require a cost utility analysis, CUA for the health economic assessment
- Medicinal products suitable and of interest for joint Nordic negotiations
Nonetheless, products which do not fall into the scope described above might be assessed through FINOSE on a case-by-case basis. It should be noted that in case of an outpatient product in Finland, the FINOSE assessment cannot replace the normal process for pricing and reimbursement. Fimea will then participate in the FINOSE assessment only as observer. For confirmation of reimbursement and a reasonable wholesale price of an out-patient product in Finland, the company must apply to the Pharmaceutical Pricing Board as usual.